The 485 Visa is a temporary visa that allows international students who have recently completed 2 years of study from an Australian educational institution, to live and work in the country for between 18 months and 4 years.
This is a temporary visa. The primary applicant must be in Australia when they make their application for a 485 visa, and must have held an eligible student visa within the 6 month period prior to lodgement.
Bajwa Immigration currently has a great offer for 485 applicants- if you enrol in a full/time course through us, we will lodge your 485 application for no charges. Your application will be prepared with accuracy by our expert team.
- be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
- Age: The main applicant must be under 50 at the date of lodgment.
- English: The main applicant must demonstrate their English language ability, either through holding certain types of passport or by undertaking an English test. Evidence of threshold English must be provided at date of lodgement
- Study in Australia: You must meet the 2 year study requirement and have completed qualifications within six months of applying for the visa.
- Point Test: The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is not points-tested.
The new English requirements for both the Post Study Work Stream and Graduate Work Stream are as follows:
- Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand; or
- IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or
- Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or
- Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading, and at least 14 in Writing and Speaking; or
- Cambridge (CAE): 169 overall average with at least 154 in each band.
This represents a significant lowering of the English language requirement and will be a great relief to applicants who have struggled to meet the minimum score required in each band.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
This visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia for the period that aligns with the activities that you have been approved to undertake on this visa. The maximum stay periods allowed are:
- Graduate Work Stream – up to 18 months
- Post Study Work Stream– up to four years
- do work or activity specified in your application
- bring eligible family members with you to Australia
- enter and leave Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid.
Graduate Work Stream
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations Australia needs. It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily.
Usually up to 18 months. Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years
Post-Study Work Stream
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution. It lets you live, work and study in Australia, temporarily.
Usually between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years.